*This scholarship has been ended as of August 2018
*This scholarship still applies to anyone who was enrolled under this scholarship which was prior to August 2018.
Tuition Reimbursement Guarantee Details
- Student will obtain a paying technical job in the information technology industry within 1 year of beginning the Tech Degree program given all coursework requirements are met.
- Below are the three program phases and recommended timeline to stay within the tuition reimbursement window:
- Phase 1 (90 Days): Gain Real World Skills. Complete the main program course and the program project.
- Phase 2 (95 Days): Obtain Industry Certifications. Use NexGenT's certification courses and the Practice Labs / Exam Prep environment to study for and obtain your designated program certifications.
- Phase 3 (180 Days): Land Your Dream IT Job. Use the Land Your Dream IT Job course to begin your job seeking/hunting activities and land a technical job within 180 days of starting the program. You must begin this phase and start the Land Your Dream IT Job course no later than 185 days after your enrollment date in order to stay within the 1 year Tuition Reimbursement Guarantee time restriction.
- Jobs may include full-time, part-time, contract-to-hire, contractor, and internship positions.
- If you are unable to obtain a technical job after completing all 3 phases of the Tech Degree program and the 180-day job search period within 365 days from your enrollment date, then you may be eligible for full tuition reimbursement. To request tuition reimbursement, complete the Tuition Reimbursement Student Checklist and send it to email@example.com. Your request will be evaluated based on the requirements for tuition reimbursement guarantee eligibility as noted in the terms below:
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must put it a minimum average of 10 hours per week of study and coursework execution.
- An FSNA Bootcamp purchase/attendance is not required to be eligible for tuition reimbursement.
- Tuition Reimbursement Guarantee eligibility time restriction - You must complete the entire program (all 3 phases including the 180-day job search activities) within 365 days from your enrollment date. The start date of your Tech Degree cohort is the first day of your 365-day enrollment period. To be eligible for tuition reimbursement, the 180 day job search must have ended no later than the 365th day. This means you must begin Phase 3 Land Your Dream IT Job no later than 185 days after your enrollment date.
- You must explicitly request your tuition reimbursement within 30 calendar days after the 365th (last) day of your enrollment. Failure to provide timely notice will void the guarantee.
- You must complete Phases 1 and 2 within 185 days. (certifications must be obtained no later than the 185th day)
- You must complete each phase of the program in full with mentor approval.
- You must have completed all career development tasks listed in the curriculum.
- You must complete all homework assignments.
- You must earn/possess the designated certifications for your Tech Degree program. If the designated certifications were earned before entrance into the program, they may be used to suffice the Phase 2 certification requirements given the certification/s remain/s active and valid during Phase 3 and the 180-day job seeking activities. (see list of required/optional certifications for further info).
- You must have completed all career prep checkpoints.
- You must apply to at least 10 jobs per week during Phase 3 job search and submit weekly job search logs.
- 3 of the 10 weekly job applications must be sent through networking (personal connection, professional connection, or cold outreach).
- You must track all correspondence related to your job search and be able to furnish details upon reimbursement request relating to employer, position, date of submission, and application materials.
- You must be a fluent English writer and speaker.
- You must be willing to accept a technical job in the information technology industry. If you decline any technical role in the information technology industry, you are no longer eligible for the guarantee.
- You must live or be able to relocate to one of a list of Metro Areas, and you can view these areas in: https://help.nexgent.com/job-hunting/metro-areas-for-phase-3-of-full-stack-network-engineer-degree
- You must be eligible to work in the metropolitan area(s) that you choose for 18 months after your completion of all 3 phases of the Tech Degree program.
- You must be eligible to legally work in the United States for at least 18 months following graduation from the program. At the time of admission to the program, if you are on a status where work authorization expires (e.g. H1B, OPT etc), the expiration must be at least two and a half years after the program start date.
- You must not have any criminal records/background at the state or federal level
- You must be able to pass any background checks associated with jobs that you apply for. Without limiting the foregoing, if you fail to obtain a job offer as a direct or partial result of your failure to pass a background check associated with the job offer, you will not be eligible for the tuition reimbursement.
- Qualifying Position - A “Qualifying Position”, for the purpose of this guarantee, is defined as a role in the information technology industry as: 1. A salaried employee or waged employee working an average of at least 30 hours a week, 2. A full-time contractor for 3 months or longer, or 3. A paid or unpaid internship used to evaluate a candidate for a full-time salaried role.
- The 180-day job search period begins at the start of Phase 3 and includes the Land Your Dream IT Job course as a guideline for job seeking. During this 180-day period, You must be active in your job search. We require that you apply to, or follow-up on a minimum of 10 Qualifying Positions in the Metropolitan Areas per week, in accordance with best practices prescribed by NexGenT. We also encourage you to reach out to a minimum of 3 high quality networking contacts per week.
- You should be applying for roles that are suited to your level of experience and areas of expertise, and maintain realistic expectations about what kind of first job in information technology is right for you. A successful student will take this guidance from their mentor and the Career Services team, and follow recommendations for job types that are a good fit.
- You must provide NexGenT Career Services team with a weekly summary of job related activity and provide further information on request. Knowing the areas of struggle is crucial for us to help you in the best way possible.
- You must respond to all communications including placement from NexGenT within 72 hours.
- You must always act with reasonable and good faith efforts to obtain a Qualifying Position.
Medical Conditions - Pausing the Tuition Reimbursement Guarantee and your Tech Degree program course work due to personal medical circumstances:
- You may request to pause your Tech Degree program and Tuition Reimbursement Guarantee for up to 180 days due to an extraordinary medical condition such as a serious illness or injury that specifically prevents you from being able to perform the Tech Degree program course work and activities. A formal request must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thorough medical documentation is required to prove the medical condition exists and that it prevents you from performing the course work and program activities. Supporting documentation from the authorized care provider (Hospital, Doctor, or Physician) must be provided. Proof of estimated recovery time is also required if a pause of 30 days or more is requested.
- There are no other circumstances in which the Tuition Reimbursement Guarantee and/or Tech Degree program coursework may be paused.
Without limiting the foregoing, possible situations that void this Tuition Reimbursement guarantee include, but are not limited to:
1. You turn down a Qualifying job offer.
2. You decide not to conduct a job search.
3. You decide to search for a role that does not meet the Qualifying Position criteria, or is outside of the information technology field.
4. You accept a role that does not meet the Qualifying Position criteria, or is outside of the information technology industry, before the 180-day guarantee period is over.
5. You do not put sufficient and consistent effort into your job search, as outlined above.
6. You do not want to or are unable to live and work in one of the Metropolitan Areas.
7. You do not communicate with NexGenT Career Services consistently throughout your search, including notifying us of any offers you have received.
8. You lose your work authorization or do not have sufficient work authorization that meets the requirements above during your search, even if you did expect to have authorization or did at one time have appropriate work authorization during your education program.
9. You become physically or mentally unable to conduct an effective job search as outlined above during the course or Tuition Reimbursement guarantee period.
10. You do not apply for jobs primarily in at least one city supported by the NexGenT Guarantee throughout the 180-day job search period.
11. You do not follow through with the interview process for Qualifying Positions in a timely and professional manner (you do not participate as expected by the employer in the interview process by providing responses to employer communications, showing up on time for interviews, and providing documents or follow up as expected by employers).
12. If you are a student, and your graduation is delayed beyond the end of the job placement period, which affects employers ability to fill the position in a timely manner.
13. You do not apply for jobs that are suitable for your background or experience.
14. You do not complete the program within 365 days (all three phases including the 180 day job search).
If you believe you qualify for a Tuition Reimbursement, complete the Tuition Reimbursement Student Checklist and send it to email@example.com within 30 calendar days after the 365th (last) day of your enrollment. You must sign/initial and return the completed checklist to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete Tuition Reimbursement checklists will be rejected and not reviewed. NexGenT Career Services will review completed Tuition Reimbursement requests in-accordance with the Tuition Reimbursement Terms and Conditions/Eligibility Terms. If you are deemed eligible, a full tuition reimbursement will be initiated to you.
This NexGenT Tuition Reimbursement Guarantee and Eligibility Terms, along with the NexGenT Terms of Service , sets forth the entire understanding between you and NexGenT with regard to the subject matter herein. Any provision of these Terms that is unenforceable shall not impact the enforceability of any other provision. NexGenT shall have the sole discretion to determine whether the Terms have been satisfied and whether you are eligible for a Tuition Reimbursement.